My kids love a good Muffin now and then. Usually they like Blueberry, but today I had leftover bananas and decided to make healthier muffins using coconut oil. My kids devoured them. I made a few variation muffins to give them a try and all of them were delicious! Next time you have some brown spotted bananas whip up a batch for your family. They are awesome in lunched for breakfast or snack time after school.
Coconut Banana Muffins Recipe
3 ripe bananas- mashed
1/3 C. melted coconut oil
1 1/2 C. All purpose Flour
1t. baking soda
Blend first 5 ingredients. Add flour, soda and salt to mixture.
Fill greased or lined muffin tins 1/2 way full. Sprinkle with shredded coconut
Bake @375 for 18-22 minutes
1. Add chocolate chips to batter or grate chocolate into batter.
2.Add 1 t. Cinnamon to batter before baking.
If you try the recipe tell me what you think. My kids couldn’t stop eating them. Does your family have a favorite banana bread recipe? Try using coconut oil instead of shortening or canola oil. Coconut oil is a great substitute for your next batch of muffins.
- 2 eggs
- 1C. Sugar
- 3 ripe bananas- mashed
- ⅓ C. melted coconut oil
- 1t. vanilla
- Blended together
- 1½ C. All purpose Flour
- 1t. baking soda
- ½t. salt
- Blend first 5 ingredients. Add flour, soda and salt to mixture.
- Fill greased or lined muffin tins ½ way full. Sprinkle with shredded coconut
- Bake @375 for 18-22 minutes
- Add chocolate chips to batter or grate chocolate into batter.
- Add 1 t. Cinnamon to batter before baking.